Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ah, the Classic "Stand in Front of a Big Metal Gate" Pose


I'll admit straight up that I actually know who this band is. They must have sent me a half dozen photos over the years. I was looking at one with their name on it and I put 2 + 2 together...

I also think that this is a relatively easy one. Shouldn't take too long. I would encourage whoever figures it out to provide whatever info they know about the band along with their answer.

From here on out, I'll actually know the identity of the photos I'm posting. Now that we've run through all the ones I was stumped about, this'll just be about seeing if I can stump you. Good luck!

Update: Guess it wasn't as easy as I thought it might be. Brocas Crelm did, however, correctly identify them as Hexx, a Bay Area power metal/thrash band that later dropped their lead vocalist and went for a heavier, almost death metal sound later in the '80s.

5 comments:

Invisible Oranges said...

Moobs.

Nightlock said...

Wild guess the guy on the far left looks like German drummer Stefan Arnold. Is it Wallop (first guess) or Grinder?

Brocas Crelm said...

Hexx: the early years? Probably not, but the tall guy next to a short, chubby guy and the dude in sunglasses look kind of familiar.

AT said...

Yep, it's Hexx. This was taken in their power metal/thrash incarnation when they had a vocalist and two guitarists. The short, chubby dude was the dead giveaway for me.

Brocas crelm said...

They were excellent when they went full-on thrash. Also really, really nice guys who let my teen metal-nerd self and a friend or two hang out with them and ask them stupid interview questions. Liked to get stoned A LOT.