Monday, January 19, 2009

I Swear This Band Is From The '80s


I love this photo and, yeah, I know what band this is. I will be suitably impressed if anyone else gets this, because this is waaaay underground.

But look at that photo! It could have been taken in 1975! The facial hair, the leather jacket, the...everything! It's glorious how unintentionally retro this band looked. Once someone figures out their ID, I'll give you the full explanation as to why they look like this.

In the meantime, bask in the gloriousness of this photo and toss out a few guesses as to who it might be. (And, no, it's not Black Sabbath circa the Ian Gillan era, despite the obvious similarities...).

13 comments:

Ian Christe said...

My first guess is wrong, Baron Rojo -- but take a look and you'll agree it's pretty damn close assortment of freakdom: http://www.baronrojo.net/fotos/vias.jpg

AT said...

I see the resemblance...unfortunately. But, no dice, mister. Which you already knew. This one could even test your skills. I will tell you that this band put out a CD that is something of an underground collector's item...

Ian Christe said...

Still cracking my dome on this one, a week later. I think the key is the Baloff-esque dirtbag at far right, but I just can't place him...yet!

AT said...

Good freakin' luck, my friend. I was actually somewhat shocked that I had a photo of this band--pleasantly so. Honestly, I'd venture to say that this may be the most diffikvlt one I've put up yet.

Keir said...

I haven't guessed on anything in a while... ummmm Brocas Helm?

AT said...

Actually, not a bad guess. There are some musical similarities, I think. And these guys are similarly obscure. Well, even more obscure, but they seem to have that same kind of cult following BH has.

Keir said...

Holy crap it's Cirith Ungol!

AT said...

Sorry, not them either. Seriously, even more obscure. I'm actually itching to reveal this, but I'm gonna hold off just to see if someone can get it.

Boleslaw said...

Since the band looks 70`s... may it be Bedemon or some their likes?

AT said...

Nope. Not them either. Keep trying.

e normous said...

uh... Legend? Dwarr?

AT said...

Nope and nope. Thanks for chiming in, though.

Anonymous said...

Think it's LAZARUS SIN from Oregon. Their album was great !
By the way, just discovered this blog, really nice !!