Monday, September 28, 2009

Longhairs With Bangs


Do these coiffs automatically qualify as mullets due to the bangs (fringe, I guess, in the UK) trimmed up to keep the hair out of their eyes? This was a very standard metal 'do in the Eighties, popularized most famously by Bruce Dickinson. Not a traditional mullet, which is short on the sides, as well, this is something of a hybrid.

These guys definitely look of an era and I'd imagine that their country of origin should at least be pretty easy. Since this is the only promo photo I've ever seen of the band, my guess is that someone else who's a regular here will recognize them at first glance.

Though I'm not entirely sure, I don't think that the dude in the lower right is wearing his own band shirt, so don't bother looking there for clues. Gotta love the flannel, though.

23 comments:

Keir said...

Don’t forget the ubiquitous brick wall!

No idea who these guys are though.

Keir said...

Chariot?

AT said...

I can see the resemblance, but it's not Chariot.

Boleslaw said...

Is it L.S.N. from Los Angeles?

AT said...

Sorry, no.

Alcolm X said...

Guy at top right looks like Brad Sinsel of TKO, but I don't think this is them, and the logo on the t-shirt looks a bit like SOOTHSAYER, so those are my guesses: TKO or SOOTHSAYER.

AT said...

Incorrect on both, I'll though I'll admit that the one dude does like Brad Sinsel.

Alcolm X said...

Following the train of thought from my previous guess: the guy on the top left looks a lot like one of the guys in OBLIVEON (or maybe OBLIVION at the time).

OBLIVEON?

AT said...

Nope. Not them either. But I appreciate your persistence.

jojo said...

The guy in the front left looks like Hansi from Blind Guardian, back in the day

jojo said...

Front right looks like Ed Carlson from Flotsam and Jetsam!

curt said...

my initial "gut-reaction" is that it could be CHILD'S PLAY.

But I am not sure about that one.

I def. have this in my Vaults though.

Curt/Demolish Mag.

AT said...

Nope, not Child's Play.

jojo said...

could it be Hallow`s Eve?

AT said...

Nope, not Hallow's Eve.

jojo said...

Anvil Bitch

AT said...

Nope. You're more or less guessing in the correct era, but this band is more obscure than the bands you're guessing.

jojo said...

Is it Toxik?

AT said...

Nope, not Toxik. More obscure.

Anonymous said...

Sacred Blade from B.C

AT said...

Sorry, nope. Not Sacred Blade.

Avenger said...

Avenger here from the mighty Corroseum. This band is Wasted Morality. This one was tough to pin down.

On a side note, I have a photo that you may find of interest to post here. Let me know how to get in contact. Cheers.

AT said...

Nice job, dude! I'm impressed! This is indeed Wasted Morality. I'd love to see the photo you're talking about. Hit me at brewtaltruth at shaw dot ca.